In the night of 28 Sep 2002, Salman was drunk, late in the night, he was speeding his Toyota land cruiser. His car went on pavement in Bandra and crashed into a bakery. There were 4 men inside it. 1 man died on spot, 3 sustained severe injuries or disabilities for life. Salman tried to run away, the men brandishing rods and sticks wanted to kill him but he was allowed to escape by a local. He caught and arrested after 12 hrs and the alcohol in his breath even then was higher than permissible limit. He could wriggle out of prosecution in the homicide case by
- Paying huge amount of money to the witnesses who change their testimony and statements. // Approx cost 20 crores
- He paid huge money to survivors of the dead so that do not push for pursuing the case further // Approx cost 30-50 crores
- Paid crores to his personal driver Ashok Brahma Dev Singh who took the blame for crores and claimed that it was him not Salman who killed the sleeping men. // Approx cost 50-100 crores
Incidentally, Salman didn’t even have a license so the crime was bigger but having used is financial muscle, the wolf got acquitted by court. Its said the night after the accident, Arbaaz Khan tried to go to car and take back the expensive music system which was still there in the car. So with 500+ crores riding on him 100 -150 crores was a small price to buy justice
Abuse of Aishwarya
That was a time, Salman was on a peak. He was voted #4 on world’s most good looking men. On a TV show, Aishwarya almost professed her growing love for him. From there on, the abuse in relationship started. Aishwarya was suffering this beast . There was verbal abuse. It was reported that he was physically abusive also and often Aishwarya used to report for shooting with bruises all over her body . She decided that the animal was not worthy of her love and came out of it. Aishwarya’s parent filed police FIR against Salman but little happened to put him behind bars.
Since law could not catch up with him on most cases, Salman got emboldened of his money and clout. He thought he can do whatever he wants and while in Jodhpur decided to go on hunting though its illegal in India. After killing the poor deer, he almost got away by bribing the postmortem guys who gave a wrong report that the hole in the body of deer was done after death. Only the 2nd post mortem nailed the lie and his subsequent prosecution..
The aftermath :
The guilty conscience of Salman told him that he can avoid the reach of law only upto a certain limit. He also knew that public sentiments and outcry often has influence on judges. He started his paakhand( sham) of being a humanitarian and a messiah of poor.
So started small charities of paying for treatment of poor or adoption to wash his sins. These were pushed by his paid media to paint human side of the wolf. The wolf also tried to get on to good side of another wolf Modi by supporting his Gujarat campaigns. From Modi, he learnt the art of fooling the foolable fools and also doing a crime and getting away by eliminating the evidences.
These lessons worked . You can see most foolable fools are pouring sympathies for him in social media.
I am ashamed that many such foolable fools are part of my friends, family and colleagues.
The Impact :
The escapades of this disgusting beast led to erosion of credibility of the justice system in India. Most people believed that if you have enough money and proximity to a wolf like Modi you can get away with any crime. This fatalism bodes very bad for any free nation. It tells the poor and less powerful that rich and poweful keep judiciary in their back pocket
Whats my take
- The influence of money, political support and public sympathy on justice is significant
- Now that the prosecution has found him guilty beyond doubt, strictest possible should be doled out.
- There has been enough delay in reigning in the beast and now that he has been tamed, all further appeal for bail or higher courts should be done within say 2-3 months and he be consigned to JAIL preferably with Asaram 😉
- A horrible example should be made out of such scums and criminals
- Convey to everybody that no one can take rule of law in the back pocket, not even ugly prime minister’s favorite star.
If you have read this far, spread the word. To the rectums/ignoramuses putting posts supporting this beast, tell them the truth. Encourage them to be a responsible sensitive citizen and not a Bollywood star stuck asshole. Its very difficult for low salary, low motivation govt attorneys to nail and prosecute criminals like Salman, Sanjay Dutt, Amit Shah or Modi. When in rare cases they are able to achieve this improbable, celebrate it, feel good that law is still alive and active in this beautiful country.